Windows Update Error 80072f78 Server 2008 R2
Send PM 29th January 2010,10:22 AM #6 ronnoco Join Date Nov 2009 Location North Walsham Posts 152 Thank Post 95 Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts Rep Power 16 Hi, Send PM 29th January 2010,12:22 PM #9 ronnoco Join Date Nov 2009 Location North Walsham Posts 152 Thank Post 95 Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts Rep Power 16 Thanks Added every possible Microsoft Update site as in exception in both IE and the netsh settings. Install Backup Exec 2012 on the new server and apply all of the latest hotfixes and service packs. http://itechnologysolutionsllc.com/windows-update/windows-update-error-80072f78-server-2008.php
Recently started getting error code 80072F78 when Windows Update is searching for updates. Stupid thing...i'm going to install WSUS back on a 2003 box and go back to Server 2008 at a later date! Tried setting the proxy using netsh winhttp command. That should be it.
Warning: Begininteractiveinstall Failed, Error = 0x8024000c
Elvandil, Mar 1, 2008 #7 davehc Trusted Advisor Joined: Oct 4, 2006 Messages: 1,941 This is what technet have to say: 1. Welche Server Festplatten dazu? (10) Frage von Roberto-G zum Thema Server-Hardware ...Routing über OVPN (9) Frage von SPSman zum Thema Router & Routing ... Also, after the certificate is unzipped, do I just click "OK" to install them? Send PM SHARE: + Post New Thread Similar Threads How to update Moodle in Server 2008 By witch in forum Virtual Learning Platforms Replies: 4 Last Post: 27th January 2010,
WSUS is recommended and straight forward to setup. Can anyone shed some light on this problem? Over 25 plugins to make your life easier Cookies erleichtern die Bereitstellung unserer Dienste. WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO DELETE A CERTIFICATE? 1.
KommentierenAntwort melden lykantroph (Level 1) - Jetzt verbinden LÖSUNG 18.01.2011 um 09:43 Uhr Ja in Windows 2008 gibt es den Befehl netsh. Bits Job Hit A Transient Error Wsus Join & Ask a Question Need Help in Real-Time? Thread Information Users Browsing this Thread There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests) Posting Permissions You may not post new threads You may not post https://www.experts-exchange.com/questions/24446870/Windows-Server-2008-SP2-Failed-Windows-Update-Error-80072F78.html This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.
If you choose to participate, the online survey will be presented to you when you leave the Technet Web site.Would you like to participate? I Googled this code and it appears the problem lies with the time and date on my computer. Note: Please click "Continue" if the "User Account Control" window pops up. 2. referee07, Mar 1, 2008 #6 Elvandil Joined: Aug 1, 2003 Messages: 51,988 Try some of the fixes in the other links.
Bits Job Hit A Transient Error Wsus
Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Show Ignored Content Page 1 of 2 1 2 Next > As Seen On Welcome to Tech Support Guy! Warning: Begininteractiveinstall Failed, Error = 0x8024000c In the Add this Web site to the zone box, type the following addresses, clicking Add after you type each address: • http://update.microsoft.com • http://download.windowsupdate.microsoft.com 6. Please double click the downloaded Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Standalone Installer and follow the instructions to install Windows Vista SP1.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947821 Best Regards. click site On the Tools menu, click Internet Options. 3. In short - stop the wuauserv service with net stop wuauserv at the command prompt - register the dll with regsvr32 %windir%\system32\wups2.dll - restart wuauserv with net start wuauserv Send PM Also unable to install SP1, I believe due to the same error code.
- Home Forum iSpy New Posts Today's Posts Calendar Community Groups Albums Member List Forum Actions Mark Forums Read Quick Links Today's Posts View Site Leaders Blogs Wiki What's New?
- Send PM 28th January 2010,08:29 PM #5 SYNACK Join Date Oct 2007 Posts 11,219 Thank Post 889 Thanked 2,757 Times in 2,326 Posts Blog Entries11 Rep Power 791 It is
- This is also linked to another known issue with Remote Desktop where upon remote login, you receive the following error: "Because of an error in data encryption, this session will end.
- No policies are being applied...it really looks like a proxy issue but it's so odd that when I go through an unfiltered ADSL with no authentication it still doesn't work.
- WSUS is installed and configured within the environment, Windows updates are filtered and applied from WSUS (v3.2) running on Server 2003.
- Required fields are marked *Comment Name * Email * Website Search for: Pages About Tools Categories BAT Files (20) Cisco (2) Citrix (1) Code (24) Dell (2) Errr What Category? (4)
- Microsoft Customer Support Microsoft Community Forums MenuExperts Exchange Browse BackBrowse Topics Open Questions Open Projects Solutions Members Articles Videos Courses Contribute Products BackProducts Gigs Live Courses Vendor Services Groups Careers Store
I have tried it both joined to the domain and standalone. Privacy statement © 2016 Microsoft. It looks like there are many possible reasons for this error, including errors made by anti-virus and anti-malware apps and firewalls.
September 26th, 2015 4:15am This topic is archived.
Join our site today to ask your question. Any luck resolving the problem?? Any ideas? Any ideas? + Post New Thread Results 1 to 9 of 9 Windows Server 2008 Thread, Windows Update on Server 2008...i'm beat!
I was unable to connect ... x86 By albertwt in forum Windows Server 2000/2003 Replies: 4 Last Post: 25th January 2010, 06:09 AM Migrating from Windows 2000 Server to Windows Server 2008 By Kamran7860 in forum Windows KommentierenAntwort melden lykantroph (Level 1) - Jetzt verbinden LÖSUNG 18.01.2011 um 06:41 Uhr Servus Goscho, Danke für deine Antwort. More about the author in Technical; Hi all, I have a server which has been freshly installed with Server 2008 Standard.