Winsock Error Codes Msdn
WinSock functions: socket() See also: WSAEPROTOTYPE, WSAEPROTONOSUPPORT WSAESTALE (10070) Stale NFS file handle. An operation was attempted on a nonblocking socket with an operation already in progress — that is, calling connect a second time on a nonblocking socket that is already connecting, or Either the application has not called WSAStartup or WSAStartup failed. In fact, on occasion you can benefit if the WinSock implementation returns these other errors. Source
WSAEMSGSIZE 10040 Message too long. Typically, though, WinSock generates this error when it receives a "host unreachable" ICMP message from a router. Note that this error occurs rarely since a WinSock implementation cannot reliably detect hardware problems. An invalid value was given for one of the arguments to a function. have a peek at these guys
Socket Error 10054
WSAEADDRINUSE 10048 Address already in use. Berkeley description: The quota system ran out of table entries. WinSock description: No equivalent in WinSock. To recover the orphaned sockets, you can try closing the application and restarting it to recover the open sockets; you may have to end all WinSock applications (to force an unload
For WinSock, this error is equivalent to Berkeley's EHOSTUNREACH error, the catch-all error for unreachable hosts. "You can't get there from here." TCP/IP scenario: The local network system could generate this An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. WinSock description: Same as Berkeley. Winsock Error 10061 asked 6 years ago viewed 2689 times active 6 years ago Blog Stack Overflow Podcast #93 - A Very Spolsky Halloween Special Related 0What to use instead of getaddrinfo() and freeaddrinfo()
This normally results from an attempt to bind to an address that is not valid for the local machine. WSAEOPNOTSUPP 10045 Operation not supported. No more results can be returned by the WSALookupServiceNext function. Detailed descriptions: the specific meanings that some WinSock functions have for some errors.
Try a traceroute to the destination address to check that all the routers are functioning. Socket Error 10049 Because these codes are defined in WinError.h for anyone to use, sometimes the codes are returned by non-system software. WSAESTALE 10070 Stale file handle reference. For example, you cannot use the ARPA Internet UDP protocol with type SOCK_STREAM.
- A service provider returned a bogus procedure table to Ws32.dll. (Usually caused by if one or more of the function pointers is null.) OS dependentWSAINVALIDPROVIDERInvalid service provider version number.
- Although most of this appendix is for application developers, the User suggestions contain information that end-users and application support personnel might also find useful when an application fails.
- WinSock functions: gethostbyaddr(), gethostbyname(), getprotobyname(), getprotobynumber(), getservbyname(), getservbyport(), WSAAsyncGetProtoByName(), WSAAsyncGetProtoByNumber(), WSAAsyncGetServByName(), WSAAsyncGetServByPort(), WSAAsyncGetHostByAddr(), WSAAsyncGetHostByName(), See also: WSAHOST_NOT_FOUND, WSANO_RECOVERY, WSATRY_AGAIN WSANO_RECOVERY (11003) This is a non-recoverable error Berkeley description: This is a
- Oracle flashback query syntax - all tables to same timestamp Positional Bathroom Etiquette How can tilting a N64 cartridge causes such subtle glitches?
- The requested protocol has not been configured into the system, or no implementation for it exists.
- WinSock description: Same as Berkeley.
- For protocol and services resolution, the name or number was not found in the respective database.
- WinSock functions: accept(), bind(), connect(), listen(), send(), sendto(), socket(), WSAAsyncGetHostByAddr(), WSAAsyncGetHostByName(), WSAAsyncGetProtoByName(), WSAAsyncGetProtoByNumber(), WSAAsyncGetServByName(), WSAAsyncGetServByPort(), FD_CONNECT Additional functions: Any other functions that use network system buffer space, like the "database functions",
- See also: WSAECONNRESET, WSAENETRESET, WSAETIMEDOUT WSAECONNREFUSED (10061) Connection refused.
Socket Error Codes Linux
For example, the ARPA Internet UDP protocol cannot be specified with a socket type of SOCK_STREAM. 10042WSAENOPROTOOPTBad protocol option. navigate to this website WinSock functions: connect(), FD_CONNECT Additional functions: Any function that does I/O on the network could generate this error, and the WSAAsyncSelect() events FD_OOB, FD_READ, FD_WRITE. Socket Error 10054 TCP/IP scenario: In BSD-compatible implementations, the local network system generates this error if there isn't a default route configured. Socket Error 10054 Connection Reset By Peer Berkeley description: A request to send or receive data was disallowed because the socket is not connected and (when sending on a datagram socket) no address was supplied.
Berkeley description: Only one usage of each address is normally permitted. this contact form WSA_QOS_EFLOWSPEC 11017 QoS flowspec error. WinSock description: Same as Berkeley. "You can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear." Detailed descriptions: accept(), listen(): socket is not of type that supports connection-oriented service. Developer suggestion: The simple suggestion is "don't do that." No matter what value you use for the "how" parameter to the shutdown() function, you cannot send afterwards. Socket Error 10053
WinSock functions: accept(), bind(), connect(), gethostname(), getpeername(), getsockname(), getsockopt(), recvfrom(), send(), sendto(), setsockopt() if buffer length is too small. By calling shutdown a partial close of a socket is requested, which is a signal that sending or receiving, or both have been discontinued. So, for example, if a WinSock implementation doesn't support SOCK_RAW with IPPROTO_IP (or any other protocol), then the socket() call would fail with WSAEPROTONOSUPPORT (however, if it doesn't support SOCK_RAW at have a peek here To return from recv() __WITH NO DATA__ IS an error..
thanks! Socket Error 11004 Anonymous Posted May 24, 2010 at 10:49 am Permalink i meet the same problem！ Anonymous Posted August 5, 2011 at 1:18 pm Permalink You just have to call connect, if you We appreciate your feedback.
A Windows Sockets implementation may have a limit on the number of applications that can use it simultaneously.
The occurrence of an unlisted error can provide extra detail. Returned when a provider does not return SUCCESS and does not provide an extended error code. See WSAENETUNREACH. Winsock Error Windows 7 WSASYSCALLFAILURE 10107 System call failure.
Does it make sense for these space ships to have turrets? This message has a slightly different meaning from WSAEAFNOSUPPORT. If it persists, exit Windows or reboot your machine to remedy the problem. http://itechnologysolutionsllc.com/socket-error/winsock-wsa-error-codes.php User suggestions: Did you enter a destination hostname?
The current Windows Sockets implementation does not support the Windows Sockets specification version requested by the application. Assuming you have a name server configured instead of or as well as a host table, a hostname resolution request causes a WinSock DLL to send a DNS "A" record query The requested name is valid and was found in the database, but it does not have the correct associated data being resolved for. Does profunda also mean philosophically deep?
This message has a slightly different meaning from WSAEAFNOSUPPORT. However, they don't need to set the WinSock error value, because there's only one reason for their failure: the input parameter was invalid. after failed calls to inet_addr() or gethostbyname()), then simply test your address value for zero before you pass it to sendto(). Does the Raspberry Pi 3 regulate the voltage on its 5V pins?